Comprehensive Future are proud to be a part of the Reclaiming Education consortium. The consortium is holding its annual Conference on Saturday 11th November 2017 focusing on the proposal from the Labour Party that we should establish a National Education Service.
Labour’s widely-welcomed 2017 Manifesto included a promise to create a National Education Service. This conference will ask what ideas lie behind this and what might it mean in practice, asking:
- What entitlement should a National Education Service offer to all learners?
- How can we improve access to education and training opportunities for all?
- How can a National Service offer locally-managed delivery?
- How can an NES deliver lifelong education free at the point of use?
Speakers will include Kevin Courtney and Mary Bousted of the new National Education Union.
What’s on your wish-list?
- Fully-comprehensive secondary schools?
- Inclusive schools?
- Properly funded further education and sixth forms?
- Well paid teachers?
Tickets are now available from the Reclaiming Education website. Comprehensive Future is offering a special discount for students and the unwaged with £15 off the ticket price, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org to claim this offer.
You can buy conference tickets here.