In 2007 Comprehensive Future published Fair Enough, its first pamphlet on school admissions. It included contributions from Tory and Liberal Shadow Ministers ... Read more
About Margaret TullochThis author has not yet filled in any details.
So far Margaret Tulloch has created 84 blog entries.
21 March 2016 Nicky Morgan MP Secretary of State for Education Dear Nicky Morgan, As Chair of Comprehensive Future, an all-party group ... Read more
Comprehensive education has failed – myth number 1 from The Truth About Our Schools Reading today’s newspapers or listening to or watching ... Read more
The Chief Adjudicator produced her annual report in November 2014 but it came out quietly from the DfE on December 17th. She ... Read more
1. For a number of years research has shown that selection widens the gap between the achievement of the poor and the ... Read more
1. Some supporters of selection comparisons selective local authorities with others which do not have selective schools. These have to be treated ... Read more
1. There are often comments that selection is a minor issue affecting only a few areas. This is probably because commentators looking ... Read more
1. Supporters of selection say that it provides a ‘choice’ of schools which is popular with parents but in reality this is ... Read more
1. Social mobility refers to the relationship between a person’s social class or income origins at birth and their social class or ... Read more