Reclaiming Education Conference – Saturday 11th November 2017
Comprehensive Future are proud to be a part of the Reclaiming Education consortium. The consortium is holding its annual Conference on Saturday 11th November 2017 focusing on the proposal from the Labour Party that we should establish a National Education Service.
Labour’s widely-welcomed 2017 Manifesto included a promise to create a National Education Service. This conference will ask what ideas lie behind this and what might it mean in practice, asking:
- What entitlement should a National Education Service offer to all learners?
- How can we improve access to education and training opportunities for all?
- How can a National Service offer locally-managed delivery?
- How can an NES deliver lifelong education free at the point of use?
Speakers will include Kevin Courtney and Mary Bousted of the new National Education Union.
What’s on your wish-list?
- Fully-comprehensive secondary schools?
- Inclusive schools?
- Properly funded further education and sixth forms?
- Well paid teachers?
Please save the date for this event. Tickets will be available from October 1st.